You might like
You are in:
- Christmas Tree Cookie Tower
Back Christmas Tree Cookie Tower
Christmas Tree Cookie Tower
Create this luxurious tower of deliciousness for your Christmas party!
- 250g plain flour
- 100g cocoa powder
- 300g caster sugar
- 65g butter
- 60g sunflower spread
- 250g plain chocolate
- 2 eggs
- 250g mascarpone
- 600ml whipping cream
- 5 tblspn irish coffee liqueur
- 1 tsp icing sugar
- 1 tsp cocoa powder
- 1 silver balls
Total time required
- Cooking time:
- Heat the oven to 180C/ 160C Fan/ Gas 4. Line 2 baking sheets with baking parchment.
- Sift the flour and cocoa into a large mixing bowl and stir in the sugar.
- Melt together the butter, sunflower spread and chocolate, then beat in the eggs. Make a well in the centre of the dry ingredients, pour in the melted mixture and mix to form a dough.
- Divide into 44 balls. Space out onto baking sheets, press each down into a flat disc and cook for 12-15 minutes. Move to a rack to cool.
- To make the filling, melt the chocolate until smooth then beat in the mascarpone. Chill for 1 hour then use to sandwich cookies together in pairs.
- For the tower, form a circle with some of the sandwiched cookies on a platter. Whip the cream and liqueur until it stiffens slightly and dollop over the cookies. Arrange a smaller circle of cookies on the top, and continue with the layers until you have 1 cookie on top. Dust with icing sugar and cocoa and scatter with silver balls. Serve immediately.