You might like
You are in:
- Chocolate Cupcakes with Ganache Icing
Back Chocolate Cupcakes with Ganache Icing
Chocolate Cupcakes with Ganache Icing
Here's a recipe that's a dream for any chocolate lover, with chocolate sponge and ganache icing. Why not top with chocolate sprinkles as well!?
Makes 10 cupcakes
- 250g caster sugar
- 170g butter
- 3 eggs
- 140g self-raising flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 3 tbsp milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 30g cocoa powder
- 100g plain chocolate
Total time required
- Preparation time:
- Cooking time:
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/350°F/ Gas 4 and line a muffin tin with paper cases.
- Beat together the melted unsalted butter and 170g of the caster sugar until creamy. Add the eggs, one at a time, with a little self-raising flour with each, then fold in the remaining flour, baking powder, milk, vanilla extract and cocoa powder.
- Spoon the mixture into the paper cases and bake for 15 minutes until risen. Test with a cocktail stick: it should come out clean when inserted in the middle. Remove the cupcakes from the tin and place on a cooling rack.
- For the icing: put 80g caster sugar in a small pan with 2 tbsp water. Bring to the boil and stir until the sugar has fully dissolved. Remove from the heat and the chocolate pieces, stirring until smooth. Immediately ice the cupcakes while the mixture is still glossy.