You might like
You are in:
- Cheesy Bacon-wrapped Puff Pastry Twists…
Back Cheesy Bacon-wrapped Puff Pastry Twists…
Cheesy Bacon-wrapped Puff Pastry Twists with Cranberry Filling
With a festive hint of cranberry, this savoury treat makes a wonderfully welcoming Christmas canape.
- 600g puff pastry
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper, optional
- 125g cheese, grated
- 18 rashers bacon
- 110g brown sugar
- 2 sprigs fresh rosemary
- 200g cranberry sauce
Total time required
- Preparation time:
- Cooking time:
You'll need a pinch or two of salt & pepper for this recipe as well as the listed ingredients.
- Preheat the oven to 190°C / gas mark 5 / 170°C fan
- Lay foil onto 2 baking trays and place wire racks on top covering the tops of the racks with a non stick spray.
- Roll out the sheets of pastry and brush beaten egg evenly over them. Sprinkle the pastry with cayenne pepper and spread on the cranberry sauce.
- Evenly cover the pastry with grated cheese and use a rolling pin to lightly press the cheese into the pastry.
- Slice the pastry into strips (about ½ inch thick) and fold each strip in half. Pinch the ends together and twist the pastry repeatedly to create the twist.
- Cut all of the bacon in half to create long strips and wrap 1 strip of bacon around each twist.
- Place the twists onto the wire rack.
- Mix together the rosemary, salt, pepper and brown sugar in a bowl, covering each twist in the mix and then bake for 30 – 50 mins until the bacon is cooked.
- Remove from the oven, serve and enjoy.