You might like
You are in:
- Baked Stuffed Apples
Back Baked Stuffed Apples
Baked Stuffed Apples
This stuffed apples recipe looks super impressive when served on rustic plates or boards. It's really simple to pull together as well, and makes for a great light bite with a mixed salad.
- 4 apples, we recommend Cox's apples when they're in-season, however Gala apples have a longer season and work perfectly for this recipe
- ½ lemon, juice only
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 100g goat's cheese, leave the rind on
- 2 tbsp red onion, peeled and finely diced
- 75g chunky fresh breadcrumbs
- 1 tbsp hazelnuts, roughly chopped
Total time required
- Preparation time:
- Cooking time:
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/160°C fan/Gas 4. Cut the top off 4 apples and use a spoon to scoop out the core, leaving the apple whole.
- Take a small slice off the bottom of each apple so it will sit securely. Rub all the cut apple pieces with the juice of half a lemon. Prick the apples a few times with a fork then rub over 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil.
- In a bowl, mix together the rinded goat’s cheese and red onion and season. Stuff this into each apple and stand them in a baking dish.
- Place the chunky fresh breadcrumbs in a bowl with 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil and the hazelnuts. Season and mix then press this over each apple.
- Replace the apple tops and roast for 25 mins until golden. After 15 mins, take the tops off so the breadcrumbs can brown. Serve with mixed salad.