You might like
You are in:
- Baked Potato with Chili Con Carne
Back Baked Potato with Chili Con Carne
Baked Potato with Chili Con Carne
When the weather starts to get colder, a delicious baked potato topped with warming chilli and cheddar cheese is always a good idea.
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1 red pepper, chopped
- 400g lean beef mince
- 400g chopped tomatoes
- 1 tsp chilli powder, or to taste
- ½ tsp cumin
- 400g kidney beans
- 4 large baking potatoes
- 10g rock salt
Total time required
- Preparation time:
- Cooking time:
- Preheat your oven to 180°. Cover a baking tray with salt.
- Wash, dry and prick the potatoes with a fork several times. Place on the baking tray and bake for around 1.5 hours in the oven. Depending on the size of the potato they may need more or less time.
- Heat oil in large saucepan and fry garlic and onion gently for a couple of minutes
- Add the red pepper and stir for a couple more minutes.
- Put in mince and cook until lightly browned.
- Add tinned tomatoes, chilli powder and ground cumin - season with pepper.
- Bring to boil and simmer on a low heat for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Then put in the kidney beans and simmer for 15-20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- To serve split the potato in half and cover with the chilli. Finish with cheddar if desired.