You might like
You are in:
- Vegetarian Sage and Onion Stuffing
Back Vegetarian Sage and Onion Stuffing
Vegetarian Sage and Onion Stuffing
This vegetarian sage & onion stuffing will go perfect with your roast dinners. It's so tasty that even meat eaters will want some!
- 30 slices White Bread, lightly toasted
- 30g Butter
- 1 Large Onion, finely chopped
- 2 Celery Sticks, finely chopped
- 4 Egg Whites, lightly beaten
- 450ml Vegetable Stock
- 1 tbsp Dried Sage
- 1 dash Salt
- 4 dashes Ground Black Pepper
Total time required
- Preparation time:
- Cooking time:
- Allow the toasted bread to sit out for approximately 24 hours, until hard.
- Preheat oven to 160 C / Gas mark 3 and lightly grease a 23x33cm baking dish.
- Crush the bread into crumbs with a rolling pin and place them in a large bowl.
- Melt the butter in a saucepan over medium heat. Stir in the onion and celery and slowly cook until soft. Remove from heat and drain.
- Mix the eggs and vegetable stock into the breadcrumbs. The mixture should be moist, but not mushy. Use water, if necessary, to attain desired consistency. Mix in the onion, celery, sage, salt and pepper.
- Press the mixture into the baking dish. Bake 1 hour in the preheated oven, until the top is brown and crisp.