You might like
You are in:
- Chilli Con Carne Fajitas
Back Chilli Con Carne Fajitas
Chilli Con Carne Fajitas
Indulge in sumptuous strips of our own juicy steak with a panache of onion, peppers, jalapeno and cumin. A zingy twist of lime and fragrant coriander wrapped up in warm tortillas.
- 450g beef
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 onion
- 2 green peppers
- 2 red peppers
- 1 jalapeno
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 tsp cumin, ground
- 1 lime
- 2 tbsp fresh coriander
- 1 pack tortilla wraps
Total time required
- Preparation time:
- Cooking time:
- Season the steak with coarse ground black pepper and set to one side.
- Slice onion and peppers into thin slices (around 6mm).
- Crush the garlic, then finely chop the chilli and coriander.
- Fry the onion and chilli in a little oil for 5 minutes, without allowing to brown.
- Add garlic, peppers, cumin and season to taste, then cook on a low heat for 10 minutes.
- Finish by adding the juice of half a lime.
- Sprinkle steak with sea salt and sear to medium in a hot pan til meat feels springy to touch. (Chef tip: The more underdone the steak, the greater the springiness and the more blood will be shown on the plate.)
- Set aside the steak to rest for 5 minutes.
- Cut the steak into strips (approx. 3mm).
- On warm tortillas, place equal amounts of onion and pepper mix, topped with steak strips. Sprinkle with freshly chopped coriander and a squeeze of lime juice.
- Roll and cut in half to serve.