You might like
You are in:
- Simple Tuna Fish Cakes
Back Simple Tuna Fish Cakes
Simple Tuna Fish Cakes
These tasty fish cakes are a cinch to make, and they taste fantastic!
- 2 Princes Tuna Chunks in Spring Water
- 20g Butter
- 4 Spring Onions, finely chopped
- 1 Garlic Clove, crushed
- 800g Mashed Potato, cold
- 100g Sweetcorn, thawed if frozen
- 1 tbsp Chopped Fresh Parsley
- 1 dusting Plain Flour
- 1 Egg, beaten
- 100g Dried Breadcrumbs
- 1 drizzle Vegetable Oil , for frying
Total time required
- Preparation time:
- Cooking time:
- Drain the cans of Princes Tuna Chunks and tip onto a plate. Break the fish into chunks and set aside.
- Melt the butter in a frying pan and gently fry the spring onions and garlic for 2-3 minutes. Cool slightly, then mix into the potato with the sweetcorn and parsley.
- Add the tuna, season with salt and pepper and mix together. Form into 8 small or 4 large fish cakes and coat them lightly in plain flour.
- Beat the egg with 2tbsp cold water. Dip the fish cakes in the egg and coat them in breadcrumbs. Chill until ready to cook.
- Heat the vegetable oil in a large frying pan and shallow fry the fish cakes for 4-5 minutes per side, until golden brown. Drain on kitchen paper.
- Serve with salad or vegetables. Salt and freshly ground pepper.
This recipe has been kindly provided by Princes.