You might like
You are in:
- Rocket and Poached Egg Salad
Back Rocket and Poached Egg Salad
Rocket and Poached Egg Salad
The tang and spiciness of the sundried tomato and chilli are offset by the creaminess of the egg and mozzarella, making this salad a deliciously light summer lunch, that packs a punch.
- 1 mozzarella ball
- 10 sun-dried tomatoes, roughly chopped
- 1 red chilli, halved, deseeded and thinly sliced
- 2 handfuls rocket
- 1 tbsp white wine vinegar, plus a splash for poaching
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 small handful pine nuts, toasted
Total time required
- Preparation time:
- Cooking time:
- Pull the mozzarella apart into small chunks, rubbing some between your fingers to make smaller crumbs and tip into a salad bowl.
- Add the chopped sun-dried tomatoes, chilli and rocket, and toss together gently. Divide between 2 plates
- Bring a saucepan of water to a gentle simmer with a splash of vinegar in it. Crack each egg into a cup or glass, then drop each into the water in turn. Poach for 2-3 mins until cooked.
- Whisk the vinegar and oil with some seasoning. Finally, top each salad with an egg and the pine nuts, drizzle the dressing over and serve immediately the topping. Serve immediately.