You might like
You are in:
- Strawberry and Banana Muffins
Back Strawberry and Banana Muffins
Strawberry and Banana Muffins
Fresh British strawberries are in season, grab a punnet and get baking. Why not start with these scrumptious strawberry and banana muffins?
- 325g plain flour
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- ½ tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 175g caster sugar
- 250g natural yogurt
- 100g butter, unsalted
- 2 eggs
- 1 large banana
- 150g strawberries, green tops removed, and sliced
Total time required
- Preparation time:
- Cooking time:
- Preheat the oven to 190ºC/375ºF/Gas 5.
- Sieve together the flour, baking powder, bicarbonate and a pinch of salt into a large bowl.
- In another bowl mix together the sugar, yogurt, melted butter and beaten eggs.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry and mix gently. Half way through mixing add the banana and strawberries – do not over mix.
- Divide the mixture between 12 paper cases in a muffin tray.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes, until golden.
- Leave to cool on a rack.