You might like
You are in:
- Severed Finger Sausage Rolls
Back Severed Finger Sausage Rolls
Severed Finger Sausage Rolls
Turn the classic sausage roll into frightening fingers for your themed party. We won't judge if you'd rather just serve your sausage rolls this way every single time though.
Makes 20 sausage rolls
- 375g puff pastry
- 350g frankfurters
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 tbsp milk
- 10 black pitted olives
- 1 squeeze tomato ketchup
Total time required
- Preparation time:
- Cooking time:
- Preheat the oven to 190°C/170°C fan/Gas 5 and line an oven tray with baking parchment.
- Cut all the frankfurters in half; the curved end will be the tip of each ‘finger’.
- Cut a 375g sheet of puff pastry into three lengthways, then cut each length into 7 even strips. Roll a piece of pastry around each frankfurter half, pinching it at the ‘fingertip’ end, then, using a sharp knife, make small incisions in the pastry for ‘knuckles’.
- Mix the egg with the milk and use to brush each finger well. Halve the black pitted olives, cut into fingernail shapes and press well onto each finger so they stick during cooking.
- Bake for 15-20 mins or until golden. To serve, dip the base of each finger into tomato ketchup.