You might like
You are in:
- Roast Pork with Fennel and Apple
Back Roast Pork with Fennel and Apple
Roast Pork with Fennel and Apple
This Sunday roast recipe brings together the classic pork and apple combination to full effect, ideal as an alternative Christmas or Easter dinner.
- 2 kg leg of pork, boneless
- 1 tbsp sunflower oil
- 1 tsp salt flakes
- 1 dusting freshly ground black pepper, to garnish
- 25g butter
- 2 fennel bulbs, trimmed and sliced
- 2 apples, cored and sliced into wedges
- 100ml cider
Total time required
- Preparation time:
- Cooking time:
- Heat the oven to 200°C/180°C fan/Gas 6. Rub the skin of the pork with oil; sprinkle on the salt flakes. Put the joint in a roasting tin and roast for 1 hour.
- Melt the butter in a pan, toss in the sliced fennel and apples. Fry until they take on a little colour, then pour the cider into the pan.
- Spoon the caramelised mixture around the pork; return to the oven for 40-50 minutes until the pork is cooked through and the veg is tender.
- Remove the crackling and snap into bite-sized pieces. Carve the pork garnished with thyme sprigs and serve with the crackling and veg.