You might like
You are in:
- Quorn Sausage Casserole with Beans
Back Quorn Sausage Casserole with Beans
Quorn Sausage Casserole with Beans
Try this healthier sausage casserole recipe, made using Quorn Sausages, chestnut mushrooms, pepper, beans and tomato passata. Deliciously warming and two of your five a day and high in protein!
- 1 pack Quorn Frozen Sausages
- 2 tbsp Vegetable Oil
- 1 Onion, very finely diced
- 2 Garlic Cloves, finely chopped
- 150g Chestnut Mushrooms, sliced
- 200g Mixed Frozen Pepper, slices
- 1½ tbsp Smoked Paprika
- 400g Passata with onions and garlic
- 1 Cube Vegetable Stock, using 150ml water
- 400g Beans of your choice, butter beans, cannellini, black eye beans (baked is good too!)
- 1 dash Salt
- 1 dash Pepper, freshly ground
- 2 tbsp Parsley, freshly chopped
Total time required
- Cooking time:
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan, add the onion and fry over a medium/high heat for 4 minutes until soft.
- Add the garlic, mushrooms and peppers and cook for a further 3 minutes. Stir in the paprika and cook for 1 minute.
- Stir in the Passata and vegetable stock.
- Stir in the beans and Quorn Sausage slices, simmer gently for 6 minutes. Season to taste and garnish with chopped parsley.