You might like
You are in:
- Pot-Roast Pulled Beef Brisket
Back Pot-Roast Pulled Beef Brisket
Pot-Roast Pulled Beef Brisket
This recipe can make two meals for the family - serve once with the red cabbage slaw and sweet potato wedges and use the leftovers to make cottage pie.
- 1.8 kg beef brisket
- 2 bay leaves
- 600ml ginger beer
- 500ml beef stock, made from stock cubes
- 5 drops Tabasco sauce
- ½ red cabbage, thinly shredded
- 1 apple, red, grated
- 1 carrot, peeled and grated
- 2 gherkins, diced
- 1 tbsp wholegrain mustard
- 1 tbsp honey, runny
- 4 tbsp crème fraîche
Total time required
- Preparation time:
- Cooking time:
- Put the beef, bay leaves, ginger beer, stock and Tabasco in a pan, cover and simmer for 2½ hours.
- Combine the cabbage, apple, carrot and gherkin. Mix the mustard, honey and crème fraîche and add to the cabbage mixture, cover and chill.
- Skim the fat off the beef’s cooking liquid then boil to reduce by half. Shred the beef and mix half of it with 5 tbsp of the reduction. Serve with the slaw and perhaps some sweet potato wedges.