You might like
You are in:
- Plum and Goat’s Cheese Salad
Back Plum and Goat’s Cheese Salad
Plum and Goat’s Cheese Salad
Victoria plums are the highlight of this light salad. Dating back to Queen Victoria’s time, these plums are among Britain’s favorite fruit. The sweetness of the fruits blend deliciously with goats cheese, dig in.
- 50g pecans
- 2 tbsp caster sugar
- 1 tbsp clear honey
- 1 tsp vegetable oil
- 1 large pinch of salt
- 100g seasonal baby leaf salad
- 4 Victoria plums, ripe
- 100g goat’s cheese, crumbled
- 2 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp wholegrain mustard
Total time required
- Preparation time:
- Cooking time:
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/180°C fan/Gas 6.
- In a small bowl, toss the pecans with 2 tbsp caster sugar, clear honey, vegetable oil and a pinch of salt.
- Mix to coat well and arrange on a parchment-lined baking tray. Bake for 5-6 mins until golden then remove from the oven and cool.
- Arrange seasonal baby leaf salad with 4 small, ripe Victoria plums, stoned and cut into eighths.
- Add the pecans and goat’s cheese, crumbled.
- For the dressing, pour the red wine vinegar, 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil and 1 wholegrain mustard into a small jar with a fitted lid.
- Season with salt and a pinch of caster sugar. Shake well and pour over the salad just before serving.