You might like
You are in:
- Ploughman's Stack
Back Ploughman's Stack
These ploughman's stacks turn the classic sandwich into perfect finger food. Save one for yourself, because they'll disappear quickly once served.
- 3 slices granary bread, thick
- 25g butter, softened
- 6 slices mature cheddar
- 3 tsp caramelised onion chutney
- 6 silverskin onions
- 1 bunch flat leaf parsley
Total time required
- Preparation time:
If you're making these ahead of time, try to keep it to under an hour in advance, covering with just-damp kitchen paper to prevent drying out.
- Using a 4-5cm round cutter, stamp the bread into 12 circles, discarding the crusts. Spread each with butter.
- Using the same cutter, stamp out 12 rounds of cheese from the Cheddar slices and place onto the bread.
- Top each canapé with chutney, a couple of onion halves and some parsley leaves and serve.