You might like
You are in:
- Pinata Cake
Back Pinata Cake
Discover our Pinata Birthday Cake recipe, a light & fluffy vanilla sponge cake filled with delicious surprises.
- 375g Stork Original
- 375g caster sugar
- 6 large eggs
- 375g self raising flour, sieved
- 2½ tsp vanilla extract
- 400g icing sugar, sieved
- 200g Stork with Butter
- 1 pack Smarties
- 1 pack cake confetti sprinkles
Total time required
- Preparation time:
- Cooking time:
- Grease and line the bases of 3 x 8” cake tins. Preheat the oven to 160c(fan)/180c/Gas Mark 4.
- Cream together the Stork Original and caster sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in 2 tsp of vanilla extract. Add the eggs one at a time beating well after each addition. Sift in the flour and fold in until well blended.
- Divide the mixture between the 3 tins and bake in the oven for 25-30minutes until golden on top and springy to the touch. Transfer to a wire rack to cool.
- Prepare the icing - beating together the Stork with Butter, icing sugar and 0.5 tsps of vanilla extract until light and fluffy.
- Level the tops of the 3 cakes using a sharp serrated knife. Cut out the centres of 2 of the cakes with a sharp knife or cookie cutter to create 2 rings.
- Set the first ring onto a serving plate or cake board and sandwich together with the next ring using a layer of icing. Fill the centre of the ring with chocolate candy beans.
- Coat the top of the ring with icing and place the full round cake into position. Coat the top and sides of the cake with the remaining icing.
- Use the tip of a palette knife to create a ridged style in the sides and top of the icing. Decorate with sprinkles and serve.
This recipe has been kindly provided by Stork.