You might like
You are in:
- Pastry Hotdogs with Mustard Dip
Back Pastry Hotdogs with Mustard Dip
Pastry Hotdogs with Mustard Dip
These hot dogs are wrapped in pastry to make them look like mummies. Serve them with a mustard dip.
Makes 8 mummies
- 1 tin hot dogs
- 100g puff pastry, cut into strips
- 1 tbsp mustard
Total time required
- Preparation time:
- Cooking time:
- Preheat the oven to 200c/180fan/gas mark 6
- Drain the hot dogs of any liquid and dry well between kitchen towel, being careful to remove any paper that sticks to them.
- Lay the strip of puff pastry on a flour board and roll out to a 1p thickness (pre-rolled pastry will need to be rolled slightly as well).
- Cut 1 cm width strips along the length of the pastry, you will need 16 strips.
- Taking one hot dog at a time, wrap two lengths of pastry (one at a time) around the hot dog, securing the ends by pushing them into the next piece to wrap around. Wrap mostly the bottom two thirds and a little at the top so you create a gap for eyes.
- Place on a baking tray with baking paper and repeat the process with the rest of the hot dogs until they are all wrapped.
- Bake in the oven for 15-20 minutes or until puffed and golden.
- Using a cocktail stick, add small blobs of mustard in the open area to create two eyes.
- Serve immediately with more mustard or ketchup.