You might like
You are in:
- Parmesan Cauliflower Fritters
Back Parmesan Cauliflower Fritters
Parmesan Cauliflower Fritters
This simple cauliflower fritters recipe is a great way of getting the kids to eat their veggies. It's suitable as either a snack or a side dish, and great as a healthier party food dish!
- 1 cauliflower
- 8 spring onions
- 400g chilli cheese dip
- 100g plain flour
- 100g corn flour
- 60g parmesan, finely grated
- 2 large eggs
- 150ml sparkling water, cold
Total time required
- Preparation time:
- Cooking time:
- Blanch the cauliflower florets in a pan of lightly salted boiling water for 2-3 mins, then drain and rinse under cold water, and drain again.
- Roughly chop the cauliflower and spring onion and place in a bowl. Mix them together well.
- To make the batter, mix the flours together in a bowl with the parmesan. Make a groove in the centre of the mix and crack the egg into the groove.
- Mix with a wooden spoon gradually adding in the sparkling water until there is a smooth, thick batter. Season to taste.
- Pour the mixture over the cauliflower and mix together.
- Heat a deep pan with the sunflower oil to 180°C / gas mark 4 / 160° Fan. Once the oil is hot, place heaped tablespoons of the cauliflower mixture into the pan and cook for 2 mins until golden brown.
- Remove the fritters from the oil and lay on kitchen roll to remove excess oil.
- Serve the fritters with the chilli cheese dip and enjoy.