You might like
You are in:
- Numbers Cake
Back Numbers Cake
- 375g Stork Original
- 375g caster sugar
- 6 large eggs
- 375g self raising flour, sieved
- 2½ tsp vanilla extract
- 350g icing sugar, sieved
- 175g Stork with Butter
- 2 food colourings
- 1 pack sprinkles
Total time required
- Preparation time:
- Cooking time:
- Grease and line the base and sides of a 9 x 13” deep tin. (A straight edged roasting tin is ideal). Preheat the oven to 160c (fan)/180c/Gas Mark 4.
- Cream together the Stork Original and caster sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add 2 tsps of vanilla extract and the eggs one at a time beating well after each addition.
- Sift in the flour and fold in until the mixture is blended.
- Fill the prepared tin with the mixture and roughly level with the back of a spoon.
- Bake in the oven for 45-50minutes until golden and springy or when a skewer is inserted in the middle it comes away clean. Cool in the tin for 30 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Cut out the desired number template from the link in the description. Using a sharp serrated knife cut out the cake following the templates and place on a large cake board.
- Beat together the Stork with Butter, icing sugar and 0.5 tsp of vanilla extract adding a little milk to create a smooth spreadable consistency.
- Colour some of the icing in your first chosen colour and use to coat the sides of the cake.
- Using a second colour, colour the rest of the icing and coat the top of the cake.
- Pipe any details and decorate as desired.
This recipe has been kindly provided by Stork.