You might like
You are in:
- Minted Little Gem and Pea Soup
Back Minted Little Gem and Pea Soup
Minted Little Gem and Pea Soup
This refreshing soup is great as a starter - especially when you want to leave plenty of room for the main event.
- 25g butter
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 leeks, trimmed and thinly sliced
- 1 clove garlic, peeled and crushed
- 4 little gem lettuces, shredded
- 400g potatoes, peeled and diced
- 400g peas, frozen are fine
- 1½ litres vegetable stock
- 2 tbsp fresh mint, chopped
- 200ml single cream
Total time required
- Preparation time:
- Cooking time:
- Heat the butter and oil in a large pan and gently fry the leeks and garlic for 5 minutes. Stir in the lettuce, potatoes, peas and stock and bring to the boil. Season to taste. Cover and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add the mint, then blend in batches in a liquidiser or with a hand-held wand until smooth.
- Return to a clean pan, add half the cream and heat gently without boiling. Serve warm garnished with a swirl of cream and grinding of black pepper.