You might like
You are in:
- Lower-cal Chicken Pie
Back Lower-cal Chicken Pie
Lower-cal Chicken Pie
Swap rich pastry for filo and chicken thighs for breast meat to reduce fat and calories.
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 414g chicken thighs
- 150g chestnut mushrooms, roughly chopped
- 1 leek, thinly sliced
- 2 tbsp half-fat crème fraîche
- 500ml chicken stock, made from a cube
- 2 tbsp cornflour
- 25g butter, melted
- 270g filo pastry
Total time required
- Preparation time:
- Cooking time:
- Heat the oven to 200°C/180°C fan/Gas 6. Heat the oil in a pan and cook the chicken until it turns white. Add the mushrooms and leek and cook for 5 minutes until soft.
- Stir the crème fraîche into the stock then pour into the pan. Bring to a simmer. Mix the cornflour with 2 tbsp cold water to form a paste. Stir in, season and continue to simmer.
- Meanwhile, lightly brush one sheet of filo with the melted butter then lay another buttered sheet on top. Repeat until the whole pack has been divided into two-layer sheets.
- Ladle the filling into a pie dish. Gently scrunch up the filo pairs and place on the pie. Bake for 25 minutes until piping hot, no pink meat remains and the filo is crisp and golden.