You might like
You are in:
- Lime, Coriander and Ginger Chicken Fajitas
Back Lime, Coriander and Ginger Chicken Fajitas
Lime, Coriander and Ginger Chicken Fajitas
Put some adventure into your evening meal with these Mexican-inspired chicken fajitas.
Makes 6 fajitas
- 4 chicken breasts, sliced into 1cm strips
- 6 limes, grated zest and juice of 4 limes, plus 2 limes cut into wedges
- 35g root ginger, peeled and grated
- 2 tbsp sour cream
- 6 tortilla wraps
- 2 avocados, sliced
- 2 tbsp mango chutney
- 1 small bunch coriander, chopped
Total time required
- Preparation time:
- Cooking time:
- Place the chicken, grated ginger, sour cream, grated lime zest and lime juice into a mixing bowl.
- Stir well to combine. Cover and place in the fridge to marinate for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cut two limes into wedges. Put 2 tbsp of sour cream and mango chutney into two separate pots and place them on a serving platter.
- Heat a griddle pan or frying pan over a high heat. Griddle the marinated chicken in batches, ensuring the chicken is thoroughly cooked. Place the cooked chicken onto a serving platter.
- Just before you are ready to serve, cut the avocado into slices and place on the serving platter.
- Warm the tortilla wraps and serve with the sliced avocado, sour cream, lime wedges, coriander leaves and chicken.