You might like
You are in:
- Lemon and Gingernut Cheesecake
Back Lemon and Gingernut Cheesecake
Lemon and Gingernut Cheesecake
Making a lemon cheesecake is a surefire way to delight friends and family. For an extra lemon hit, swirl a few dollops of lemon curd through the top of the cheesecake before baking.
- 250g gingernut biscuits
- 60g unsalted butter
- 1 kg cream cheese
- 200g caster sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ½ tsp salt
- 4 eggs
- 1 lemon, finely grated zest only
Total time required
- Preparation time:
- Cooking time:
- Line the base of a 24cm round non-stick spring-form cake tin with greaseproof paper. Place the biscuits in a plastic bag and break them up into fine crumbs using a rolling pin (this can also be done in a food processor).
- Melt the butter and stir into the crumbs then push the mix into the prepared tin and chill in the fridge for half an hour.
- Heat the oven to 180°C/160°C fan/Gas 4. Using a mixer, beat the cream cheese until soft. Add the sugar, vanilla and salt and continue to beat until smooth and creamy. Next beat in the eggs one at a time until incorporated. Finally stir in the lemon zest.
- Pour the batter into the cake tin and bake for 1-1½ hours. It’s ready when it has risen slightly and only has a very slight wobble in the middle. When it’s reached this point, turn the oven off and prop open the oven door slightly using a tea towel. Leave the cake to cool in the oven for an hour or so; cooling it gently will stop it from cracking or sinking.
- Transfer the cheesecake to the fridge for a couple of hours to chill completely. When ready to serve, garnish with chocolate curls and lemon zest.