You might like
You are in:
- Lemon Drizzle Cake
Back Lemon Drizzle Cake
Lemon Drizzle Cake
After an easy recipe for a lemon drizzle cake? Look no further! The name might suggest a classic British summer but the flavours suggest a summer from warmer climates.
- 250g butter, softened
- 350g caster sugar
- 5 large eggs
- 200g self-raising flour
- 70g semolina
- 3 tbsp lemon curd
- 2 lemons, juice and zest only
Total time required
- Preparation time:
- Cooking time:
- Heat the oven to 180°C/160°C fan/Gas 4. Lightly oil and line the base of a 23cm square cake tin with non-stick baking paper.
- Cream together the butter and 250g of the sugar until pale and creamy, then beat in the eggs one at a time with 1 tbsp of the flour.
- Fold in the remaining flour with the semolina and lemon curd and spoon into the tin. Use a palette knife or a spatula to level the top.
- Bake the cake for 35-40 minutes until it’s firm and springy. (Test it’s ready by inserting a skewer into the centre – it should come out clean.)
- For the topping; mix the lemon juice and the rest of the sugar and drizzle over the cake while it’s still warm.
- When cool, transfer the cake on to a serving plate. Drizzle with white writing icing and scatter with lemon zest. Cut into 16 squares to serve.