You might like
You are in:
- Leg of Lamb with Lemon, Mint and Feta…
Back Leg of Lamb with Lemon, Mint and Feta…
Leg of Lamb with Lemon, Mint and Feta Crust
The perfect roast lamb with a twist.
- 2 kg leg of lamb, bone in
- 2 drizzles olive oil
- 250g bread, stale
- 10g fresh mint
- 1 whole lemon, zest only
- 2 cloves garlic
- 100g feta cheese
Total time required
- Preparation time:
- Cooking time:
Salt and pepper will be needed in this recipe for seasoning.
- Preheat the oven to 160C fan/180C/gas 4.
- Place the leg of lamb in a large roasting tin. Drizzle with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Cover with tin foil and roast in the preheated oven for 1 hour.
- Meanwhile, place the stale bread in a food processor and blitz to fine breadcrumbs. If you don’t have a food processor use a box grater and grate the bread to fine breadcrumbs.
- Add 2 tbsp of olive oil and the mint, lemon zest, garlic, feta, and pepper and blitz to combine.
- Once the lamb has cooked for 1 hour, remove from the oven and discard the tin foil.
- Pack the crust onto the lamb and return to the oven. Bake for 40 minutes for pink lamb. Increase the cooking time by 30 minutes if you prefer your lamb well done.
- Allow to rest for 15 minutes before carving.