You might like
You are in:
- Fruit Skewers and Chocolate Dip
Back Fruit Skewers and Chocolate Dip
Fruit Skewers and Chocolate Dip
These spiced skewers for the BBQ with strawberries, pineapple and peaches are a great way to get kids to eat fruit, and taste delicious with a chocolate dip.
- 1 small pineapple, peeled, cored and diced
- 2 peaches
- 16 strawberries
- 1 tbsp clear honey
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 100g dark chocolate
- 100ml double cream
Total time required
- Preparation time:
- Cooking time:
- Other time: 30 mins of soaking
Soak 8 wooden skewers in cold water for 30 minutes to stop them from burning on the barbecue.
- Carefully thread pieces of fruit onto the soaked skewers. Make sure children firmly hold the pointed end of the skewer facing away from them and carefully push on the fruit.
- Get the kids to mix together the honey and cinnamon and brush it all over the fruit then make sure they stand back as you barbecue the skewers for 3-4 minutes, turning until golden and caramelised. Cool before serving.
- Gently melt the chocolate with the double cream in a small pan on the hob. Stir until combined. Leave to cool slightly then serve as a dip with the skewers.