You might like
You are in:
- Easter Biscuits
Back Easter Biscuits
These biscuits are a great treat to add to any Easter baking session. Great for passing the time with the kids, and yummy too.
Makes 20 biscuits
- 200g plain flour
- 100g semolina
- 100g caster sugar
- 1 lemon, finely grated zest only
- 200g butter, cold
- 300g ready-to-roll icing
- 2 food colouring, we used pink and yellow
- 1 pack writing icing pens
Total time required
- Preparation time:
- Cooking time:
- Other time: Per Portion: kcal 201 Fat (g) 8.5 Saturates (g) 5.2 Carbohydrate (g) 28.9 Sugars (g) 18.4 Fibre (g) 0.5 Protein (g) 2.1 Salt (g) 0.01
Put the butter in the freezer for 30 minutes to make it easier to grate.
- Heat the oven to 180°C/160°C fan/Gas 4. Sift the flour into a mixing bowl, then stir in the semolina, sugar and lemon zest.
- Coarsely grate the butter into the bowl. Rub into the flour mixture and bring together so it forms a ball. Roll out on a lightly-floured surface and, using cutters or a template, cut out 20 egg-shaped biscuits.
- Lift on to parchment-lined baking trays, set well apart and bake for 18-20 minutes until pale golden. Cool on the tray for 10 minutes then transfer the biscuits to a rack to cool completely.
- Colour the icing by kneading in a few drops of food colouring then thinly roll out on a surface dusted with icing sugar. Use the same cutters you used for the biscuits to stamp out identical shapes in icing. Stick the icing on to the biscuits with a dot of writing icing. Press down and smooth out.
- Draw on patterns with the icing pens.