You might like
You are in:
- Easter Biscuits
Back Easter Biscuits
These biscuits are a great addition to any Easter baking session. Great for passing the time with the kids during the Easter hols, and yummy too.
Makes 20 biscuits
- 200g plain flour
- 100g semolina
- 100g caster sugar
- 1 lemon, finely grated zest only
- 200g butter, cold
- 300g ready-to-roll icing
- 2 food colouring, we used pink and yellow
- 1 pack writing icing pens
Total time required
- Preparation time:
- Cooking time:
Put the butter in the freezer for 30 minutes to make it easier to grate.
- Heat the oven to 180°C/160°C fan/Gas 4. Sift the flour into a mixing bowl, then stir in the semolina, sugar and lemon zest.
- Coarsely grate the butter into the bowl. Rub into the flour mixture and bring together so it forms a ball. Roll out on a lightly-floured surface and, using cutters or a template, cut out 20 egg-shaped biscuits.
- Lift on to parchment-lined baking trays, set well apart and bake for 18-20 minutes until pale golden. Cool on the tray for 10 minutes then transfer the biscuits to a rack to cool completely.
- Colour the icing by kneading in a few drops of food colouring then thinly roll out on a surface dusted with icing sugar. Use the same cutters you used for the biscuits to stamp out identical shapes in icing. Stick the icing on to the biscuits with a dot of writing icing. Press down and smooth out.
- Draw on patterns with the icing pens.