You might like
You are in:
- Country Life Union Jack Cake
Back Country Life Union Jack Cake
Country Life Union Jack Cake
Moist lemon tray cake topped with butter icing and berries.
- 155g Country Life Salted, softened
- 100g Country Life Spreadable
- 155g caster sugar
- 3 medium eggs
- 180g self-raising flour
- 60g milk
- 1 small lemon, zest and juice only
- 200g icing sugar, sifted
- 170g fresh strawberries
- 150g fresh blueberries
Total time required
- Preparation time:
- Cooking time:
Tip: Flavour cake with 1 tbsp vanilla essence or orange zest and juice instead of lemon.
- Preheat oven to 190°C/180°C Fan/Gas Mark 5. Line oblong roasting tin (20cm x 26cm or deep 20cm cake tin) with parchment.
- Place the Country Life Salted, caster sugar, eggs, flour, milk, and the zest and half the juice of your lemon into a bowl. Using an electric whisk on slow speed, blend until ingredients are combined. Increase to medium, whisk 3 minutes until mixture is a pale colour.
- Spread into tin, bake for 25 – 30 minutes in centre of oven, until risen and golden in colour. Leave to cool in tin, turn out onto cooling rack, carefully remove parchment.
- For topping, beat together icing sugar and Country Life Spreadable until pale in colour. Stir in the other half of your lemon juice to give a soft consistency. Spread on top of cake.
- Cut strawberries in halves and quarters to form cross and diagonals, Fill in gaps with blueberries. Pin ribbon around the cake.
This recipe has been kindly provided by Country Life.