You might like
You are in:
- Cherry Cream Pie
Back Cherry Cream Pie
Cherry Cream Pie
This delicious cherry pie is perfect for sharing. Whip one up in summer for a sweet cherry treat.
- 225g digestive biscuits
- 100g butter
- 300g can condensed milk
- 2 lemons, juice and finely grated zest
- 300ml double cream
- 4 tbsp cherry jam
- 400g fresh cherries, pitted
- 1 mint sprig, to decorate
Total time required
- Preparation time:
- Cooking time:
- Crush the biscuits in a food processor or place them in a bag and bash with the flat end of a rolling pin.
- Melt the butter, pour over the crushed biscuits, then stir well so all the crumbs are moistened.
- Press into a 20cm loose-bottomed flan tin and chill while you prepare the filling.
- Spoon into the flan case and level with the back of a spoon. Chill for at least 2 hours or overnight, if possible.
- Beat together the condensed milk, lemon juice and zest. Whip the cream until it forms soft peaks, then fold into the lemon mixture.
- To serve, carefully remove the pie from the tin and sit on a serving plate.
- Warm the cherry jam gently and pass through a sieve to remove any skin. Allow to cool.
- Arrange the fresh cherries over the top of the pie, brush with the jam glaze and decorate with a mint sprig.