You might like
You are in:
- Carrot and Coconut Soup
Back Carrot and Coconut Soup
Carrot and Coconut Soup
This easy to make warming soup has a delicious creamy taste. Try adding parsnip to make it sweeter.
- 1 tbsp sunflower oil
- 700g carrots, peeled and diced
- 1 onion, peeled and chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 litre vegetable stock, made from cubes
- 400ml light coconut milk
- 2 tbsp fresh coriander, chopped
- 1 tbsp desiccated coconut, toasted
Total time required
- Preparation time:
- Cooking time:
- Heat the oil in a pan and add the veg, garlic and cumin seeds. Cook, stirring, for 5 minutes. Pour the stock over, bring to the boil, reduce the heat, cover and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Blend the mixture with a hand-held blender (or in a liquidiser) and return to the pan. Stir in the coconut milk then heat through.
- To serve, ladle the soup into 4 warmed serving bowls, then scatter each of them with the chopped coriander and toasted desiccated coconut.