You might like
You are in:
- Buttermilk Pancakes with Red Fruits
Back Buttermilk Pancakes with Red Fruits
Buttermilk Pancakes with Red Fruits
Melt in your mouth pancakes with zesty forest fruits.
- 100g strawberries, hulled and halved
- 100g raspberries
- 100g blueberries
- 4 tbsp maple syrup
- 150g plain flour
- ½ tsp baking powder
- 3 eggs
- 2 tbsp sunflower oil, for cooking
- 100ml buttermilk
Total time required
- Preparation time:
- Cooking time:
- Place the fruit and 3 tbsp maple syrup in a saucepan and heat gently for 5 minutes. Remove from the heat and set aside.
- Sift the flour, baking powder and salt into a mixing bowl and make a well in the centre. Whisk the buttermilk and eggs in a separate bowl and pour into the well, along with 1 tbsp syrup. Whisk until it’s the consistency of a smooth cream.
- Heat a little oil in a heavy-based pan over a medium heat and drop tablespoonfuls of the mixture into the hot pan. Cook for 2 minutes then flip over with a palette knife or spatula and cook the other side for 1 to 2 minutes, until golden. Keep the pancakes warm while you cook the remaining batter.
- To serve, stack up a few pancakes on each serving plate, and top with a spoonful of the fruit. Serve warm.