- Broccoli Super Bowl Salad
Broccoli Super Bowl Salad
reduce waste when cooking for one try this recipe and ‘eat one – pack one’. Half of this salad can be served on a bed of
mixed leaves with a warm flatbread for dinner and the other half packed up in a
lunchbox for tomorrow’s lunch.
Makes 2 portions
- 80g quinoa
- 100g broccoli, washed and cut into small pieces
- 1 orange, peeled and cut into segments
- 150g cooked beetroot, cut into chunks
- 1 medium carrot
- 50g feta cheese
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 small lime, zest and juice
- 2 tsp light soy sauce
- 1 sprinkle black pepper
Total time required
- Preparation time:
- Cooking time:
- Rinse the quinoa several times under cold water then place in a medium sized saucepan with 200ml of boiling water. Cover and simmer for 15 minutes until the water is absorbed and quinoa is tender. Remove from the heat and transfer to a bowl and leave to cool.
- Cook the broccoli in a pan of boiling water for 2-3 minutes until tender. Drain into a colander and cool quickly under a running cold tap.
- Add the broccoli, orange segments and beetroot to the quinoa and stir gently with a large spoon until combined.
- Place the olive oil, lime and soy sauce into a small bowl and whisk together with a fork, season with black pepper. Drizzle the dressing over the salad, add the grated carrot and toss gently with two spoons.
- Divide the salad placing half on a serving plate and the other half into a plastic lunch box with lid. Crumble the feta cheese equally over both portions.
This delicious recipe was donated by Love Food Hate Waste UK. Find out more at www.lovefoodhatewaste.com/recipes.