- Berry and Coconut Trifles in a Jar
Berry and Coconut Trifles in a Jar
Trifle is a classic, well-loved dessert. This spin on the traditional pud uses coconut and berry flavours for a summery treat. Serving these trifles up in individual jars mean everyone gets their share, though you might have to make enough for seconds!
- 6 slices coconut cake
- 1 sachet raspberry jelly crystals
- 285ml sparkling red grape juice drink
- 175g fresh strawberries, small and quartered
- 85g fresh raspberries
- 85g fresh blueberries
- 2 tsp icing sugar
- 500g custard
Total time required
- Preparation time:
- Other time: Chilling time (until set)
Alongside the listed ingredients, you'll need 285ml of boiling water.
- Remove the icing from the slices, crumble it and place it into a small lidded container to take along on your picnic as the topping for the trifles.
- Cut each sponge piece into 6 and divide between 6 x 250ml jam jars.
- Pour 285ml boiling water into a measuring jug, add the jelly crystals and stir until dissolved. Top up with the sparkling red grape juice to make 570ml. Divide equally between the jars and chill until set.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, mix together the strawberries, raspberries, blueberries and icing sugar until no white icing shows and the fruit is glazed. Set aside.
- Once the jellies are set, divide the custard between the 6 jars then scatter over the fruit. Seal the jars.
- When ready to serve, scatter over the crumbled coconut-flavoured icing crumbs.