You might like
You are in:
- Asparagus and Halloumi Skewers with Mint
Back Asparagus and Halloumi Skewers with Mint
Asparagus and Halloumi Skewers with Mint
Asparagus develops a beautiful, rich flavour when grilled. The halloumi and mint add an extra punch of flavour making these skewers hard to put down.
- 12 asparagus spears, ends trimmed
- 175g halloumi
- 2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 small handful fresh mint, stems removed, leaves roughly chopped
- 1 tsp crushed chillies, optional
- ½ lemon, cut into wedges, to serve
Total time required
- Preparation time:
- Cooking time:
If using wooden skewers rather than metal, soak them in water for 15 minutes before using to prevent burning.
- Bring a pan of water to the boil and blanch the asparagus for 1 minute.
- Drain then rinse the asparagus in cold water and pat dry with kitchen roll.
- Slice the halloumi into 2 pieces lengthways and cut those into 4 more pieces.
- Take 2 skewers and thread alternately with asparagus and halloumi.
- Heat a griddle pan or barbecue until very hot. Brush the skewers with a bit of the oil and season well.
- Cook for 2 minutes each side or until charred.
- Remove from the heat and sprinkle with the mint.
- Drizzle with the remaining oil and a sprinkle of crushed chillies, if using.
- Serve with lemon wedges to squeeze over the skewers.