You might like
You are in:
- Cherry Pie
This cherry pie is deliciously sweet and is the perfect dessert to serve at a party or to share with others.
- 300g gluten free plain flour
- 150g unsalted butter, cubed, cold
- 1 tin cherry pie filling
- 200g frozen forest fruits
- 2 whole lemons, juice only
- 2 small egg, beaten
- 1 sprinkle demerara sugar
Total time required
- Preparation time:
- Cooking time:
For this recipe you will need 6-7 tbsp of cold water. *If you don’t have a food processor, use the rubbing in method by mixing the flour and butter together with your hands and gradually adding the water to form a soft dough.
- Place the plain flour and cold cubed butter into a food processor*. Pulse until the mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs.
- Slowly add the cold water, blitzing until the mix comes together as a soft dough.
- Remove from the food processor*, wrap the dough with cling film and chill in the refrigerator for a minimum of 30 minutes.
- Place the cherry pie filling, frozen forest fruits and lemon juice in a bowl, mix well and set aside.
- Preheat the oven to 180C fan/200C/gas 6.
- Remove the rested pastry from the refrigerator.
- Cut 2 large sheets of parchment paper and roll your pastry between the parchment paper sheets, with a rolling pin, until ½ cm thick.
- Line a 23cm fluted round tin with the rolled pastry and trim away any excess from the edges.
- Re-roll the excess pastry to approximately ½ cm thick, using the method above. Cut 8 strips, approximately 26cm long and 1cm wide.
- Place these strips on a baking tray lined with parchment paper and refrigerate.
- Cut a circle of parchment paper that's slightly bigger than the tart tin. Place on top of the pastry and fill with baking beans. Red lentils could be used as a substitute for baking beans.
- Blind bake for 15 minutes.
- Remove the baking beans and parchment paper and bake for a further 15 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and spoon the prepared filling into the pastry case.
- Carefully make a lattice on top of the cherry pie using the chilled pastry strips. Brush the pastry lattice carefully with 1 small beaten egg and sprinkle the Demerara sugar over the top.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 45-50 minutes.