You might like
You are in:
- Cauliflower Tart
The cauliflower, butternut squash and red onion contrast well with the rocket and feta. Perfect as a light starter or a main!
- 400g cauliflower florets
- 150g ground almonds
- 2 whole eggs
- 2 tbsp thyme leaves
- 1 whole red onion, sliced
- ½ whole small butternut squash, peeled, deseeded
- 1 drizzle olive oil
- 100g passata
- 1 tbsp tomato puree
- 50g feta cheese
- 1 handful rocket leaves
Total time required
- Preparation time:
- Cooking time:
- Preheat the oven to 200C fan/220C/gas 7
- Blitz the cauliflower florets in a food processor until the mixture resembles couscous. If you don’t have a food processor this can be done on the rough side of a box grater.
- Add the ground almonds, eggs and thyme. Season well and blitz to combine, scraping down the bowl if needed.
- Cut a piece of baking parchment to line a 35x25cm baking tray. Tip the cauliflower mix onto the baking tray and smooth down with the back of a spoon to cover the lined tray. Set to one side.
- Place the sliced red onion and sliced squash onto a baking tray. Drizzle with olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Place both baking trays into the preheated oven and bake for 15 minutes. After 15 minutes, remove from the oven.
- Mix the passata and tomato purée in a small bowl. Spread over the cauliflower base, leaving a 1½ cm border.
- Spoon over the roasted red onion and butternut squash in one even layer.
- Crumble over the feta cheese, season well and bake in the preheated oven for a further 10-15 minutes.