You might like
You are in:
- Kentucky-style Chicken
"Fast food" never tasted so great and there's now no need for it to be super unhealthy either. This Kentucky-style chicken is a great takeaway alternative recipe, and served with some 'slaw or baked beans turns it into a great southern-style meal.
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tsp dried mixed herbs
- 1 sachet powdered tomato soup
- 100g cornflakes
- 3 tbsp self-raising flour
- 2 eggs, whites only
- 500g chicken breast fillets
- 1 bottle cooking oil spray
Total time required
- Preparation time:
- Cooking time:
- Place the paprika, garlic powder, mixed herbs, powdered soup, cornflakes and flour into a food processor and blitz until they are fine crumbs. Season liberally.
- Heat the oven to 200°C/180°C fan/Gas 6. Line a large roasting pan with baking parchment.
- Whisk the egg whites in a bowl until foamy. Cut each chicken breast into bite-sized pieces.
- Using a fork, dip each chicken piece into the egg whites then into the crumb mixture to coat. Spray lightly all over with cooking spray and push off the fork onto the baking tray.
- Repeat with all the chicken pieces and bake for 20 minutes until they are cooked through and the coating is crunchy.