You might like
You are in:
- Veggie Tofu Pad Thai
Back Veggie Tofu Pad Thai
Veggie Tofu Pad Thai
Fake a Thai takeaway with this delicious vegetarian Pad Thai made with tofu.
- 1 lime, finely grated zest and juice
- 2 tbsp ketchup
- 2 tbsp light soy sauce
- 1 tbsp demerara sugar
- 3 tbsp sunflower oil
- 300g tofu, cubed
- 200g carrots, peeled and cut into matchsticks
- 1 red pepper, deseeded and thinly sliced
- ½ Savoy cabbage, shredded
- 300g straight-to-wok rice flat rice noodles
- 6 spring onions, finely sliced
- 150g beansprouts
- 50g peanuts, chopped
- 2 tbsp fresh coriander, chopped
Total time required
- Preparation time:
- Cooking time:
- For the sauce, mix together the lime zest and juice, ketchup, soy sauce, demerara sugar and 1 tbsp of the sunflower oil. Add 100ml of boiling water, stir well and set aside.
- Heat the remaining oil in a large non-stick pan or wok, add the tofu, cook for 5 minutes over a high heat, stirring frequently. Then add carrots, red pepper and cabbage with 2 tbsp water and stir-fry for a further 2-3 minutes. Add the noodles, spring onions and beansprouts, toss well and cook for 2 minutes.
- Drizzle the prepared sauce over, stir well and scatter with chopped peanuts and fresh coriander. Serve at once.