You might like
You are in:
- Vegetable Egg Fried Rice
Back Vegetable Egg Fried Rice
Vegetable Egg Fried Rice
Everyone's favourite Chinese-style side dish makes a light meal in itself with the addition of Tenderstem broccoli and peas.
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 pinch ground white pepper
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and finely chopped
- 150g Tenderstem broccoli, cut into 1cm pieces
- 4 spring onions, finely sliced
- 100g frozen peas
- 400g long grain rice, cooked and cooled
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 drizzle sesame oil, to taste
Total time required
- Preparation time:
- Cooking time:
Cook the rice according to the pack instructions.
- Heat half the oil in a wok until smoking. Season the eggs with the white pepper and add to the wok. Cook for 1-2 minutes, stirring constantly, until the eggs are cooked and lightly browned. Remove from the pan and set aside.
- Wipe the pan clean with a paper towel and return to the heat with the remaining oil. When smoking hot, add the garlic and broccoli and cook for 1-2 minutes.
- Add the spring onions and peas. Cook for a further minute then add the rice and cook for another 2-3 minutes until the rice is piping hot.
- Add the scrambled eggs back into the pan along with the soy sauce and sesame oil. Stir-fry for another minute then serve immediately.