You might like
You are in:
- Vegetable Biryani
Back Vegetable Biryani
What more could you want on a chilly evening when you're in need of something tasty, wholesome and speedy.
- 1 tbsp sunflower oil
- 1 onion, peeled and finely sliced
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 cm root ginger
- 1 tbsp garam masala
- 200g Tenderstem broccoli, cut into 2-3cm pieces
- 300g wholegrain basmati rice, cooked
- 25g toasted flaked almonds
- 25g sultanas
- 4 tbsp natural yoghurt
- 1 handful fresh coriander, chopped
Total time required
- Preparation time:
- Cooking time:
- Heat the oil and fry the onion over a medium heat for about 10 minutes or until golden. Stir in the garlic, ginger and garam masala and cook for about 1 minute.
- Add the tenderstem and continue to fry everything for a couple of minutes until the tenderstem is beginning to soften.
- Stir in the cooked rice, half the almonds and all the sultanas. Season, then increase the heat and stir-fry for a few minutes until the rice is completely heated through.
- Stir in the yogurt and most of the coriander then spoon onto plates. Scatter over the remaining almonds and coriander, and serve straight away.