- Vegan Harissa Salad
Vegan Harissa Salad
Our Vegan Harissa Salad is a fantastic lunch or
light dinner option, packed full of tasty roasted vegetables and harissa for
plenty of flavour. By roasting the chickpeas with the vegetables, they add
extra texture and protein. This recipe is ideal for taking to work for lunch
and can be eaten hot or cold. We’ve used a bulgur wheat mix with red &
quinoa, but this recipe is so easy to tailor to whatever you have in your
cupboard, so you could use couscous, rice or whatever you prefer. You can also
change the vegetables if you have something else that needs using up!
- 2 Yellow Peppers
- 1 Broccoli, head of
- 3 Small Red Onions
- ½ ½ large butternut squash or 1 small butternut squash
- 1 can Chickpeas, drained
- 2 tsp Harissa Powder
- 100ml Mellow Yellow Rapeseed Oil
- 2 tbsp Balsamic Vinegar
- 250g Bulgur Wheat with Red and White Quinoa
- ½ Vegetable Stock Cube
Total time required
- Preparation time:
- Cooking time:
- Preheat the oven to 180°C. Chop up your vegetables into chunks and place in a large roasting dish. Add a tin of drained chickpeas.
- Sprinkle over the harissa powder and season generously with salt. Pour over the Mellow Yellow Rapeseed Oil and balsamic vinegar and mix everything until well coated.
- Roast in the oven for 30-40 minutes until all the vegetables have been cooked through.
- Meanwhile, cook your bulgar wheat and quinoa mix according to packet instructions and serve with the vegetables. Add salt to taste.
Farrington’s Mellow Yellow have created a range of delicious recipes for the whole family to enjoy. These simple recipes all use Farrington’s Mellow Yellow Cold Pressed Rapeseed oil which has half the saturated fat of olive oil, is rich in Omega 3 and has a high smoke point, making this tasty and versatile British oil perfect for all types of cooking and baking.
This recipe has been kindly provided by Mellow Yellow