You might like
You are in:
- Tuna and Couscous Roast Peppers
Back Tuna and Couscous Roast Peppers
Tuna and Couscous Roast Peppers
Try this very tasty roast pepper dish for a colourful, healthy main meal.
- 2 Princes Tuna Chunks in Spring Water
- 4 Pepper, halved and cored
- 3 tbsp Olive or vegetable oil
- 200g Couscous
- 1 Lemon, finely grated zest
- 1 Vegetable Stock Cube, in 400ml boiling water
- 6 Spring Onions, trimmed and chopped
- 8 Cherry Tomatoes, quartered
Total time required
- Preparation time:
- Cooking time:
You can serve the peppers when cold as part of a salad.
- Preheat the oven to 200°C, fan oven 180°, Gas Mark 6.
- Drain the cans of tuna and break into chunks. Cover and set aside.
- Arrange the peppers, cut sides up, in a roasting tin. Sprinkle with 2tbsp olive or vegetable oil. Roast for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, put the couscous into a heatproof bowl and add the lemon zest. Dissolve the stock cube in the boiling water and pour over the couscous. Leave to soak and swell for 10 minutes.
- While the couscous is soaking, heat the remaining oil in a frying pan and gently fry the spring onions until soft, about 3-4 minutes.
- Fluff up the couscous with a fork, then stir in the spring onions and cherry tomatoes. Check the seasoning, adding salt and pepper if needed. Share this couscous between the pepper halves. Return to the oven for 5 minutes, then top with the tuna chunks and serve immediately. Add salt and freshly ground black pepper.
This recipe has been kindly provided by Princes.