You might like
You are in:
- Tomato Tarte Tatin
Back Tomato Tarte Tatin
Tomato Tarte Tatin
This tart is delicious served with torn pieces of mozzarella on top.
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp caster sugar
- 500g tomatoes, large vine tomatoes if possible
- 200g baby plum tomatoes
- 400g puff pastry
- 1 small handful basil, fresh leaves
Total time required
- Preparation time:
- Cooking time:
- Heat the oven to 200°C/180°C f an/Gas 6. Mix together the olive oil, vinegar and sugar and season to taste. Drizzle over the base of a round 25cm ovenproof frying pan or cake tin.
- Slice the larger tomatoes in half and arrange skin side down over the base of the pan. Fill in the gaps with cherry tomatoes.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll the pastry to a circle slightly larger than the pan or tin. Lift the pastry over the tomatoes, tuck in the edges and bake for 35 minutes until puffed and golden.
- Place a baking tray over the top of the pan and carefully turn it upside down – the juice from the tomatoes will be hot. Drizzle this juice over the tart and return to the oven for 10 minutes. Transfer to a serving plate, scatter with basil leaves and serve cut into wedges.