You might like
You are in:
- Syrupy Lemon Polenta Cake
Back Syrupy Lemon Polenta Cake
Syrupy Lemon Polenta Cake
Simply syrupy, classically cakey and guaranteed gluten-free! As baking recipes go, they don't get much more perfect than this, and it's oh-so-easy too.
- 300g butter, softened
- 300g caster sugar
- 300g ground almonds
- 150g polenta
- 2 lemons, juice and finely grated zest
- 5 large eggs
- 2 tbsp icing sugar
Total time required
- Preparation time:
- Cooking time:
- Heat the oven to 180ºC/160ºC fan/Gas 4. Grease and line a 25cm round, loose-bottomed cake tin.
- Beat the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add the ground almonds, polenta and lemon zest and beat until combined. Add the eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition, until smooth.
- Pour the mix into the prepared tin and bake for about 50 minutes or until golden and firm to the touch. Remove from the oven, then after a few minutes, turn the cake out, upside down, onto a wire rack and prick the base all over with a fork.
- For the syrup, bring the juice of 1 lemon and the icing sugar to the boil, remove from the heat and spoon over the cake. Once it has soaked in, turn the cake the right way up or leave it as it is.
- Serve with crème fraîche to make it really special.