You might like
You are in:
- Sweet Yorkshire Puddings with Ice Cream…
Back Sweet Yorkshire Puddings with Ice Cream…
Makes 12 Yorkshire puddings
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 130g caster sugar
- 125ml golden syrup
- 125ml double cream
- 60g unsalted butter
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp sea salt flakes
- 1 scoop vanilla ice cream, per serving
Total time required
- Preparation time:
- Cooking time:
- Other time: 30 mins resting
You'll need 1 portion of our basic Yorkshire pudding batter for this recipe, check out the description above for the link.
- Make the batter and stir through the cinnamon and 2 tbsp of the sugar.
- Brush two non-stick six-hole (or one 12-hole) muffin tins with 3 tbsp vegetable oil (muffin tins will help you achieve tall puddings). Place in the oven for 5 minutes to heat. It’s very important to get the oil hot before you pour in the batter.
- Pour the batter evenly into the oiled muffin tins and bake for 25 minutes until crusty and golden. Don't be tempted to open the oven door part-way through, as it could stop the puddings rising.
- To make the sauce, heat the golden syrup in a saucepan over a low heat. Add the rest of the sugar and cook, without stirring, for 10 minutes or until the mixture turns a deep golden brown. Take care not to burn the sugar.
- Remove from the heat and whisk in the cream until well combined, then whisk in the butter and vanilla extract. Allow to cool slightly then sprinkle the salt over.
- Serve the cinnamon Yorkshires on plates with a scoop of vanilla ice cream inside and the warm caramel sauce poured over the top.