You might like
You are in:
- Sweet Potato Boats with Fluffy Tops
Back Sweet Potato Boats with Fluffy Tops
Sweet Potato Boats with Fluffy Tops
These sweet potato boats with fluffy tops contain two hidden portions of veggies - perfect for kids who turn their nose up at veg!
- 4 small sweet potatoes, approx 250g each
- 150g broccoli florets
- 75g sweetcorn, canned, drained
- 2 large eggs, separated
- 2 tbsp milk
Total time required
- Preparation time:
- Cooking time:
- Other time: 10 mins cooling
Preheat the oven to 200 ̊C/400 ̊F/Gas 6.
- Scrub the sweet potatoes and pierce lightly with a fork. Arrange onto a baking tray and cook for 50-60 minutes or until soft.
- While the potatoes are cooking, divide the broccoli into small florets and cook in a pan of boiling water for 3 minutes. Drain and toss with the sweetcorn.
- Carefully remove the sweet potatoes from the oven, allow to cool for 10 minutes, then cut the top off each one.
- Using a teaspoon, scoop out the flesh into a mixing bowl, add the egg yolks and milk and mash thoroughly. Whisk the egg whites until they form soft peaks and fold into the potato mix until combined.
- Divide the broccoli and corn between the hollowed out potatoes and top with the sweet potato mash. Return to the oven for 15 minutes until fluffy and golden.