You might like
You are in:
- Sweet and Sour Tofu
Back Sweet and Sour Tofu
Sweet and Sour Tofu
A vegan version of the popular sweet and sour dish.
- 1 Onion
- 1 Red Chilli
- 1 tbsp Cider Vinegar
- 2 tsp Oil
- 2 tsp Maple Syrup
- 2 tsp Tamari
- 1 Pepper
- 300g Tofu
- 4 tsp Cornflour
- 2 tbsp Tomato Puree
- 80g Brown Rice
Total time required
- Cooking time:
- Preheat the oven to 180C / gas mark 4 and boil a kettle.
- Rinse the rice in water and place into a pan of 400ml boiling water with a pinch of salt.
- Simmer for 20-25 minutes then drain.
- Cut the onion and pepper into chunks and finely chop the chilli.
- Drain and rinse the tofu, dry and then cut into cubes roughly 2-3 cm in size.
- To make the sauce mix tamari, tomato puree, maple syrup, vinegar and half of the chilli with 2 tbsp of water.
- Put the cornflour into a bowl then add the tofu and coat evenly.
- Heat a large wok or frying pan with 2 tsp of oil on a medium-high heat and cook the tofu until it turns golden brown. Add the onion and pepper and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add in the sauce and turn down the heat, cook for a further few minutes until the sauce has thickened.
- Serve with rice and sprinkle with the remainder of the chilli.