You might like
You are in:
- Sweet and Sour Chicken
Back Sweet and Sour Chicken
Sweet and Sour Chicken
This tasty and nutritious meal can be created in only 30 minutes - just the thing after a busy day.
- 500g skinless chicken breast
- 1 tbsp sunflower oil
- 432g pineapple chunks in juice
- 3 tbsp tomato ketchup
- 2 tbsp reduced salt soy sauce
- 2 tbsp vinegar
- 1 tbsp cornflour
- 150g carrots, peeled and cut into thin sticks
- 1 red pepper, deseeded and sliced
- 1 green pepper, deseeded and sliced
- 1 bunch spring onions, trimmed and sliced
- 480g white rice, cooked to packet instructions
Total time required
- Preparation time:
- Cooking time:
- Slice the chicken breast pieces into thin strips. Heat the oil in a large non-stick frying pan or wok and stir-fry the chicken for 5 minutes over a high heat, until just beginning to take on some colour.
- Drain the pineapple, reserving the juice. Set the fruit aside. Mix the juice with the ketchup, soy sauce, vinegar and cornflour. Set aside.
- Add the carrots and peppers to the chicken and stir-fry for a further 5 minutes. Toss in the spring onions and canned pineapple chunks. Drizzle the sauce over and cook, stirring, for 5 minutes until the sauce is bubbling and slightly thickened. Serve with the cooked white rice.